Tuesday 31 August 2010

Showcase

So here's the latest addition to my hobby corner.



I've been looking for something like this for a longer while. The first place to start was of course IKEA. They had a few similar glass cases but they were much larger and much heavier. I wanted something smaller that I could add into my rather confined space. I finally found this one at allegro.pl (something like Polish ebay). Quick measurement proved that the size was perfect.



So, here it is. I've already put all my Cryx minis inside. Seems pretty empty at the moment but it will be full when I receive a large batch of minis for the next commission.



Meanwhile, I started working on a unit of Bane Knights. I've already painted one (you can check it out here) to try out a color scheme. Now I'll be working on four more grunts + the leader.

I really like the sculpts. They are made up of so many parts that it's fairly easy to make sure that each one has a distinctly different pose. I still have four more and Tartarus that I will be painting later on.



It takes a while to prepare them as I pin the arms to the torso and then use Green Stuff to strengthen the link. It just seems that their arms are so thin that they need a little more strengthening.

Well, that's it for the time being. Just to keep up with the tradition of ending a post with a song, here's a (completely unrelated content wise) a pretty cool parody I've come across recently.

1 comment:

  1. OK, as Haldir rightly pointed out to me, the clip is somehow related to the content - check out the part about the 'chair from IKEA' ;)
    Not to mention that my chair and a few other pieces of furniture were also bought there - d'oh!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...